If you enjoyed the escapades of Cat and Tanya in my book Camp Not Allowed, you’ll get to read their Christmas story in this soon to be released book. It includes stories from the authors of Doodle and Peck. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like an autographed copy. Cost is $14.00 (includes shipping)
Picture Books: Middle Grade:
Boxy Bob Quilt Rider-historical fiction
Misfit Mosquito An untitled narrative nonfiction
Not a Book Girl The Rule of Three- realistic fiction
My publisher, Doodle and Peck will display my book, Camp Not Allowed, at her booth at the annual American Library Association (ALA) Conference in Washington, D.C., this month.
See below, the Indie Catalog of titles that will be distributed to all attendees. Camp out on page 20 (wink, wink)!
Camp Not Allowed has been uploaded to Amazon/Kindle as a new E-Book! You can still order a hardback or softcover copy from www.doodleandpeck.com, but now you have choices!!
Educators get 25% off all hard copies!
Taken from SCBWI publishing standards:
- Board Books (1 or under manuscript pages) for 3 year olds and under
- Picture Books (2 to 3 manuscript pages) for ages 3 to 8
- Easy-to-Read (10-20 manuscript pages) for ages 5 to 8
- Chapter Books (40-60 manuscript pages) for ages 7-9
- Middle Grade (100-250 manuscript pages) for ages 8-12
- Young Adult (200-350 manuscript pages) for ages 12 and up
- Nonfiction (manuscript pages varies by age group)
- Poetry for younger readers (15 to 40 manuscript pages) with only one poem per page
- Poetry for older readers (50 to 150 manuscript pages) with one poem per page.
—-typical genres, manuscript reference
My first every published book was released Feb. 15th, 2018! It is a 48 page Chapter Book called Camp Not Allowed for 2nd and 3rd graders. It is a light-hearted, summer fun story about gender equality with a Native American theme. It is available on Amazon. Teachers and Media Specialists get 25% off the retail if they buy directly from the publisher at www.doodleandpeck.com.
2018-First published book, Camp Not Allowed by publisher Doodle and Peck for 2nd and 3rd graders or reluctant readers just beginning to read chapter books. It is a light hearted summer fun read about gender equality with a Native American theme.
2013- First place winner, twice, in Midlife Collage’s short essay contest for Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow and for Controlled Chaos.
2005- Second place winner in Unpublished Children’s Fiction category of local Tulsa City County Library’s Adult Creative Writing Contest for The Grandmother Stories.