If you enjoyed the escapades of Cat and Tanya in my book Camp Not Allowed, you’ll get to read their Christmas story in this soon to be released book. It includes stories from the authors of Doodle and Peck. Contact me at email@example.com if you’d like an autographed copy. Cost is $14.00 (includes shipping)
Picture Books: Middle Grade:
Boxy Bob Quilt Rider-historical fiction
Misfit Mosquito An untitled narrative nonfiction
Not a Book Girl The Rule of Three- realistic fiction
My publisher, Doodle and Peck will display my book, Camp Not Allowed, at her booth at the annual American Library Association (ALA) Conference in Washington, D.C., this month.
See below, the Indie Catalog of titles that will be distributed to all attendees. Camp out on page 20 (wink, wink)!
Camp Not Allowed has been uploaded to Amazon/Kindle as a new E-Book! You can still order a hardback or softcover copy from www.doodleandpeck.com, but now you have choices!!
Educators get 25% off all hard copies!
-Working hard on a nonfiction narrative book with joint author, Teresa Kemp, to be named later.
-Revising picture book & middle grade manuscripts…always.
-Will be at the Oklahoma Authors Fair in Guthrie, OK for Camp Not Allowed on Sept 14.
–Author Presentation at Lavender Bleu Literacy Market from 11:00-12:00 on Sept. 28
Taken from SCBWI publishing standards:
- Board Books (1 or under manuscript pages) for 3 year olds and under
- Picture Books (2 to 3 manuscript pages) for ages 3 to 8
- Easy-to-Read (10-20 manuscript pages) for ages 5 to 8
- Chapter Books (40-60 manuscript pages) for ages 7-9
- Middle Grade (100-250 manuscript pages) for ages 8-12
- Young Adult (200-350 manuscript pages) for ages 12 and up
- Nonfiction (manuscript pages varies by age group)
- Poetry for younger readers (15 to 40 manuscript pages) with only one poem per page
- Poetry for older readers (50 to 150 manuscript pages) with one poem per page.
—-typical genres, manuscript reference
My first every published book was released Feb. 15th, 2018! It is a 48 page Chapter Book called Camp Not Allowed for 2nd and 3rd graders. It is a light-hearted, summer fun story about gender equality with a Native American theme. It is available on Amazon. Teachers and Media Specialists get 25% off the retail if they buy directly from the publisher at www.doodleandpeck.com.
Lemons by Melissa Savage
Dear Ally, How do You Write a Book by Ally Carter
The Great Treehouse War by Lisa Graff
The Magic Words by Cheryl B. Klein